Tribute Videos and Slide Shows
A Tribute Video is a video that is created to honor or remember someone. It can be used to celebrate a person’s life, to commemorate a special occasion, or to mourn a death. Video tributes can be made for anyone, from grandparents to celebrities.
To make a video tribute, we will need to gather photos, videos, and audio recordings of the person you are honouring. You can also ask friends and family to contribute their own memories. Once we have gathered your materials, we can start editing your video.
When editing your video, you will want to choose a theme or tone that reflects the person you are honoring. We can also add text, music, and transitions to your video to make it more visually appealing.
We charge £50 to assemble a tribute video lasting up to 5 minutes from your supplied images, videos, words and music.
Simply send us your pictures and video clips via WeTransfer, Dropbox, Google Drive or as email attachments. It would help if you are able to title the images in numbered order as you would like them to appear.
Here are some tips for making a video tribute:
- Keep it short and sweet. No one wants to watch a 30-minute video tribute. Aim for a length of 3 to 5 minuets maximum
- Focus on the person’s positive qualities. This is a time to celebrate their life, so don’t dwell on the negative.
- Use high-quality photos and videos. The quality of your video will make a big difference in the overall impact.
- Add music that is appropriate for the occasion. The music should set the video’s tone and help create a sense of emotion.
- Get feedback from others. Once we have finished editing your video, ask friends and family for their feedback. They may have some suggestions that you can incorporate to improve your video.
Video tributes can be a beautiful and meaningful way to honour or remember someone special. By following these tips, you can create a video tribute that will be cherished by all who see it.
Here are some additional things to consider when making a video tribute:
- What are the person’s favourite things? Include photos and videos of them enjoying their hobbies, spending time with loved ones, or travelling to their favourite places.
- What are their most important values? Share stories about how they lived their life according to their values.
- What impact did they have on others? Talk about how they made a difference in the lives of their friends, family, and community.
- What are your fondest memories of the person? Share personal stories and anecdotes that will make others smile.
By including these elements in your video tribute, we will create a truly memorable and meaningful work of art.
The Video will be supplied as an an.mp4 file which can be downloaded to save on a USB key or sent to your undertaker. to be shown on the day
This video was prepared for Steve Doyle who died in 2023
This video was made with Dorothy Lee in the weeks before her death in 2021.
Making a video for your own funeral.
You may be aware that due to illness your own funeral may be in the near future and you might want to make your own tribute to friends and family to be shown at your funeral service.
The video could start with a montage of photos and videos from your childhood. This would help to set the tone for the video and give people a glimpse of your early life.
The video could then move on to show some of your favourite things. This could include photos of you travelling, spending time with loved ones, or pursuing your hobbies.
The video could also include some of your most important values. This could be done through voiceovers or by adding text to the video.
Finally, the video could end with a message from you to your loved ones. This could be a personal thank-you or a final goodbye.
We can meet with you and prepare your personal send off. Fees for this service are £250 plus mileage.